Academic Credit

Students should arrange academic credit with their home institution for their language and culture coursework, as well as their service-learning project. Students might choose to keep a journal, conduct research, or compile a final report to satisfy a ‘Special Topics’ or ‘Independent Study” course through their home institution.  Tsinghua University does not offer academic credit to SSLP participants, but Tsinghua University will award a "Certificate of Satisfactory Completion" to each participant at the end of the program.

Possible research topics might include: environmental studies, intercultural communications, international education, public health, public administration, economic development, arts and languages, history, women's studies, global studies, cultural anthropology, social psychology, etc.